At Spectra Logic, associates develop enterprise data storage systems that are integrated into our high profile customer environments, such as, the Discovery Channel and the Mars land rover! We will not pigeon hole you into one area of development. There are many possibilities available at Spectra.
We are always interested in talking with talented software developers. Please view our Current Openings to learn more.
We offer challenging and interesting software development possibilities. Some of the areas of technical application range from:
- Very sophisticated object oriented design in C++. This is our 'motion' code base we use to control our enterprise class tape libraries.
- High level robotics control through embedded Lua.
- We use and encourage test driven development and modern design philosophies (pair programming, scrum, etc).
- Continued enhancement and development of Java simulation of a virtual library that we use to develop applications against. We also use this Java system as a platform to develop automated regression tests and research algorithms.
- Linux kernel driver development.
- Very low level embedded C development for communications protocols.
- GUI Development – We are constantly striving to improve the customer experience through innovative GUI development.
- Immediate Impact – On day one you will be working on a team addressing our most important features.
- Other Interesting Technologies – Our libraries contain many embedded technologies (SMIS, SCSI, Fibre channel, NTP, SNMP, XML, and Encryption).
We provide the same opportunities within our Electrical and Hardware engineering teams. No "one trick ponies" here – small teams with diverse responsibilities such as PCBA design, FW development, and FPGA design. You can expect to have hands on experience with:
- Complex Electro-Mechanical systems that integrate all facets of engineering expertise.
- Ownership of large pieces of the system where your ideas can be used to their fullest and you can showcase your talent.
- Use of Mentor Graphics Design Capture and Expedition with team of in-house CAD designers for all PCB design.
- FPGA programming skills utilized on many projects to implement different interfaces and reduce independent part count.
- Ability to bring your designs to life by writing the low level firmware needed to get your PCBA up and running.
- Ownership of a design from architecture to implementation.
- Accelerated learning of many different technologies.
Spectra encourages educational enhancement, whether you want to learn a new programming language or enhance your C++, venture further into Linux Kernel Development or electrical/hardware engineering design methodologies. Your career development is important to us and we want it to be important to you. We are constantly striving to improve the quality of our projects, our processes and our engineers.
If you need a break…
- Casual work environment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and goodies
- Foosball, pinball, regulation sand volleyball court and horse shoes!
- Full gym and close access to great running trails – including trails around the beautiful Boulder Reservoir.