Big Data Tape Library Buyer's Guide (from DCIG)
White Paper Overview (PDF)
Driven by the explosion of storage requirements to address "Big Data" and the "Cloud," many organizations are retaining or even re-introducing tape as their secondary medium on which to store backup data that they need for longer term retention. Tape libraries are poised to be one of the big benefactors of these growing storage demands, which prompted DCIG to produce its first ever Tape Library Buyer's Guide to help enterprises choose the right solution for their environment. This guide accomplishes the following objectives for end users:
- Provides an objective, third party evaluation of tape libraries that weights, scores and ranks their features from an end user's viewpoint
- Includes recommendations on how to best use this Buyer's Guide
- Scores and ranks the features on each tape libraries based upon criteria that matter most to end users so they can quickly know which tape libraries are the most appropriate for them to use and under what conditions
- Provides data sheets for 66 tape libraries from 8 different storage providers so end users can do quick comparisons of the features that are supported and not supported on each tape library
- Provides insight into which features on a tape library will result in improved availability and increased storage capacities
- Provides insight into which tape libraries are supported by popular archiving and backup software products
- Gives any organization the ability to request competitive bids from different providers of tape libraries that are "apples-to-apples" comparisons
Receive Your Free Whitepaper Now!
No need to register if you already have a Spectra account. You can log in to access this resource.