The necessity to provide encryption continues to escalate as regulations and laws mandate encryption to protect personal, financial and sensitive corporate data. To help every organization secure data on tape, Spectra® Encryption offers a range of solutions to meet your individualized encryption requirements. Spectra TKLM and BlueScale Encryption delivers tailored, customer-centric encryption key management solutions through very flexible design options. Available with every Spectra T-Series library, Spectra Encryption meets the needs across a broad variety of customers ranging from the very small business to the largest, most security conscious enterprise..
For organizations with more complex and robust requirements, Spectra TKLM Encryption Key Management is time tested and proven across enterprise level customers requiring the highest standard of encryption security. With Spectra TKLM you can deploy a clean, simple key management solution that meets the complex requirements your organization faces. Spectra TKLM is a robust encryption key manager that delivers a unified key management strategy to streamline your encryption deployment.
- Implements US federally approved, FIPS 140-2 compliant tape drives and key manager, using the AES-256 bit encryption
- Deploy a simple solution to a complex problem—encryption key management and security
- Centrally manage encryption keys across multiple libraries and data center locations
- Enable strong authentication and strong security
- Leverage flexible implementation options to meet your unique requirements
- Enable secure, third-party data exchange
- Simplify configuration and management tasks for keys and certificates of authority
- Facilitate security audits and track key lifecycle from creation to destruction
- Deliver a unified key management strategy to streamline your encryption implementation
Spectra offers the only truly integrated encryption key management option for data on tape: BlueScale® Encryption Key Management. Spectra libraries with BlueScale Encryption Key Management is the only encryption solution that completely integrates library administration with encryption key management. With secure BlueScale Encryption Key Management built into Spectra libraries, encrypting data on tape is easy to manage, efficient—and free. BlueScale Key Management is secure and easy to use, providing powerful key management features for encryption and decryption, including restoration of data without a Spectra library.
- Implements US federally approved, FIPS 140-2 compliant tape drives, using the AES-256 bit encryption algorithm
- Library integrated key management for encryption-capable tape drives
- Web-based Remote Library Controller (RLC) lets you manage data encryption safely from anywhere with secured web connection
- Fits transparently into existing open systems environments with a vendor-agnostic, platform independent architecture and compatibility with major backup, archive and tiered storage applications
- Provides choice: available in a free Standard Edition and a Professional Edition that supports advanced features such as multiple keys and M-of-N key support
- Encryption keys can easily be backed up, archived and shared with other Spectra libraries
- Quorum based authentication (Professional Edition) allows users to construct hardened, defensible key control and sharing systems
Backup hardware: 2010 Products of the Year finalists
January 13, 2011
Active Archive Alliance To Promote Simplified, Affordable Online File Archive Access To European Organisations
Data Storage Connection
October 27, 2010
Spectra launches new enterprise tape library
Computer Business Review
November 10, 2009
Have questions? Ready for next steps? Contact Us!