After a cartridge is loaded, the drive quickly reads the index and metadata partition on the tape without having to scan the entire tape. This allows for faster and more efficient access to the data stored on the tape.
- Easy and fast access to large files: 2.5 TB native capacity for a single LTO-6 tape
- Drag and drop functionality
- Appears as storage device to operating system
- Enables standard applications to write and read to LTFS formatted tapes
- Non-proprietary format provides investment protection for archive/long term storage
W. Curtis Preston interviews Molly Rector, EVP of Product Management for Spectra Logic, at SNW 2012 in Santa Clara, CA and they discuss some different LTFS-based hardware and software offerings.
Spectra libraries are compatible with LTFS software and hardware solutions from a range of providers.
Have questions? Ready for next steps? Contact Us!