Certified Tape Media
Store your invaluable data with confidence on dependable, high-quality media backed by our Certified Media Lifetime Guarantee*.
Our commitment to safeguarding your data starts with each piece of Spectra Certified Media. We understand that the real value of media is measured in terms of safely protected data—not in dollars per tape. From design to testing and warranty, we carefully examine every step to ensure that you are purchasing reliable media that not only protects your data, but also gives you a host of other benefits.
Spectra Certified Media Warranty
Spectra's Certified Media Lifetime Guarantee warrants its Certified Media is to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the media, and will exchange any in the off-chance it is found to be defective.*
Improve Tape Reliability
Spectra Certified Media extends the life of tape media and drives by pre-cleaning media before it arrives at your doorstep. An industry first, Spectra CarbideClean® is offered on all Spectra Certified Media as an additional reliability value at no additional charge. Spectra Certified Media also improves your storage operations and reduces the most common causes of failed backups with Media Lifecycle Management (MLM). Spectra Certified Media featuring MLM support** is the only media available that allows you to proactively manage your tape media by monitoring and tracking the health status of your media.
- Identify at-risk tapes ready for retirement
- Fast diagnosis and resolution of media-related issues
- Guaranteed 10% storage efficiency improvement, or our service is free***
Arrives at Your Doorstep Worry-Free
- New media and drive generation certification before shipping
- Each Spectra media supplier meets our quality assurance requirements
- Packaging design and testing to ensure your media arrives safely
- Each tape is shipped ready-to-use with a pre-applied bar code label
- Stackable TeraPack containers simplify bulk media storage and tracking
- Reduced load/unload times by 90% with TeraPack's 10-tape design
- TeraPack design gives Spectra’s T-Series libraries industry-leading storage density
- Offers up to 71% improvement in data center floor space utilization
Order to Match Your Needs
Certified Media is available in a variety of choices to match your media requirements
- Data and cleaning media choices include LTO, AIT, SAIT, SDLT
- Bulk or small quantity choices ranging from individual tapes, 10 tapes pre-loaded in TeraPacks,
- Pre-applied bar code labels available in standard or custom 6-digit non-repeating sequences
- Order online from the Specta web store or contact your Spectra Sales Rep.
- Securely archive your media in our Iron Mountain cases specially fitted for TeraPacks
- Compatible with Iron Mountain, SecureSync and NetBackup Vault Manager. Import TeraPack archive reports directly to these applications, instead of manually entering of each export record.
*For full warranty details, please see Certified Media Lifetime Guarantee Statement
**Spectra Certified Media with MLM support: LTO-3 media or later, shipped after Nov. 15, 2007, and with use of LTO-4 or later tape drives.
***For complete details, please contact Spectra Professional Services at SEDesk@spectralogic.com.
Have questions? Ready for next steps? Contact Us!