Enterprise Storage Without Compromise
Designed to meet the stringent requirements of the enterprise for data integrity, data security and high reliability, the T950 provides uncompromised features that you'll find nowhere else.
For data archive, backup and recovery, this elite library leads the field in innovation—from the greatest storage density to proactive media management always protecting your data. This library has done it all first.
The Spectra T950's BlueScale software is the library's core intelligence, backed by ten generations of development and countless hours of development time. Its intelligence provides the Spectra T950 with current and future innovative features, such as free encryption with key management, media and hardware health monitoring, and remote camera monitoring.
Encryption and Backup
The Spectra T950 is the only library to offer encryption and key management as seamless, integrated standard features. Spectra's BlueScale Encryption utilizes AES-256 bit encryption through the library or LTO-4 and higher drives. It lets you seamlessly and affordably add encryption to your backup strategy, with no changes to backup policies and no additional hardware or software.
Spectra Logic helps you manage your tape media by giving you tools to proactively detect potential media errors well before they happen. Available only in Spectra Logic's T-Series libraries, Media Lifecycle Management records over 30 data points every time a tape is loaded, giving you vital statistical and diagnostic information that helps you proactively manage your tape media throughout its life.
By utilizing our Certified Media and BlueScale interface together, you can manage, track, and report all facets of tape usage from creation to retirement — all consolidated within the same application you use to manage your library.
Get an additional level of performance and health monitoring for your library by visually monitoring the interior of your library with the web-based BlueScale Vision camera. BlueScale Vision allows you to remotely observe import/export operations, tape mounts, cartridge moves, and robotic operations—all in real time.
LTO-6: Addressing your storage needs
With a capacity of 2.5 TB native and 6.25 TB compressed, LTO-6 drives and media help you consolidate your storage, manage less media, and have room to grow in the future. Experience shorter backup windows and transfer rates up to 160MB/s (400 MB/s compressed), delivering an average rate of 576 GB/hr (1.44 TB/hr compressed). Ultrium LTO Technology’s long-term, committed roadmap offers several future releases of LTO. With future generations, you can expect higher performance standards, increasing storage capacities and backwards compatibility. Learn More About LTO-6
Features at a Glance
- Scale up to 8 frames and 10,050 tape slots
- Add as many as 120 drives
- Cascade up to eight frames with a single robotic mechanism, increasing reliability and lowering costs
- Supports mixed media; of any combination of LTO
- Controller-based (QIP) connectivity, supporting Fibre Channel or Fibre Channel Direct connect drives.
- Dimensions (single frame): 78.77 " H x 30.63" W x 43.21" D; 200.1 cm H x 77.8 cm W x 109.8 cm D
- Base Frame (no drives or media) - 933 lbs/423 kg
- Drive Expansion Frame (no drives or media) - 750 lbs/340 kg
- Bulk Tap Frame (no media) - 546 lbs/248 kg
- Drive/Sled - 12 lbs/5 kg
- TeraPack Case (with media) - 6 lbs/3 kg
- Base Frame and 24 LTO-6 Drives: 1,275 Watts AC (max operating) 200-240v AC (50/60Hz)/6.8-8.2 Amps (RMS)
- Heat Dissipation: 4,347 BTU/hr (max operating, same configuration)
|Media||One Frame Capacity and Throughput|
|Max Drives||Max Cartridges||Max Capacity||Max Throughput|
|Media||Eight Frames Capacity and Throughput|
|Max Drives||Max Cartridges||Max Capacity||Max Throughput|
*LTO-5 values calculated using 2:1 data compression.
+LTO-6 Values calculated using 2.5:1 Compression.
- Fibre Channel - 4 Gb/s and 8 Gb/s
- Mean Cycle Between Failures (MCBF): 2,000,000
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF): 250,000 power-on hrs.
- Mean Time to Repair (MTTR): 3 minutes for hot-swap components, 30 minutes average for non-hot-swap components
Spectra T950 libraries are warranted for one year from date of shipment from the factory. This warranty includes a SpectraGuard Next Business Day On Site service contract. SpectraGuard Next Business Day On Site service includes the following:
- Access to a SpectraGuard technical representative any business day (not including evenings, weekends, or holidays) from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (customer local time).
- Service visit from a field service representative, upon verification that the unit has malfunctioned. If Spectra Logic is notified by 4:00 p.m. (customer local time), a field service representative will be dispatched that day for arrival the following business day before noon.
The following additional service options are available to customers purchasing a Spectra T950 library.
SpectraGuard Same Business Day On Site
- Round-the-clock telephone to a technical support representative – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Four-hour response, on-site service 5 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
SpectraGuard Four Hour On Site
- 24-hour, seven-day-a-week, 365-day-a-year telephone access to a SpectraGuard technical representative (including evenings, weekends, and holidays).
- Upon verification that the unit has malfunctioned, a field service representative will be dispatched to the site within four hours of the dispatch request.
Self Maintenance Options
Believing that most users would prefer to have control over their library uptime, Spectra Logic products are designed so that all major components are customer replaceable. With Spectra Logic's Assisted Self Maintenance (ASM) program, spare components are placed at your facility, ready to be installed by you, when you need them. More about ASM
The following Assisted Self Maintenance options are available to customers purchasing a Spectra T950 library. These options can be purchased to supplement the on-site service options above.
Assisted Self Maintenance Basic
- Select group of field-replaceable parts stocked on-site (drives, QIP, air filters).
Assisted Self Maintenance Gold
- Full set of field-replaceable parts stocked on-site (drives, QIP, air filter, robotics, control module).
Warranty and Service Limitations
All standard warranties and service uplifts are subject to the limitations, disclaimers, and additional terms and conditions set forth in the Warranty and Hardware Support Agreement.
Have questions? Ready for next steps? Contact Us!