Affordable Storage Without Compromise
Experience Enterprise-caliber storage at a great value. The Spectra® T120 library offers up to 360 TB of capacity and a feature set commonly found on larger libraries.
The Spectra T120 library is easy to use, manage, and maintain. Installation and configuration is quick and simple, and component redundancy ensures the highest of reliability. Highly flexible, the T120 allows you to start with the features you need now, and add features and capacity as your data grows and backup requirements change.
BlueScale, the common software interface for all Spectra libraries, brings enterprise command and control features to the T120: encryption, power monitoring, advanced media management and multiple library control. Available through the library's on-board LCD color touchscreen and remote web access, BlueScale is a easy-to-navigate, browser-based library interface built into Spectra Logic libraries that enables our solutions to work simply, flexibly, and safely with your data.
Reliability is ensured by the T120's component redundancy with optional N+1 power supplies and manual drive fail-over capabilities. The library monitors its critical subsystems and notifies the user and Spectra Logic if the library needs support. Library Lifecycle Management (LLM) monitors your hardware and alerts you when a component needs attention before it fails.
BlueScale Encryption is the only truly integrated encryption solution for data stored on tape. The T120 lets you seamlessly and affordably add encryption to your backup strategy with no changes to backup policies and no additional hardware or software. With AES-256 bit BlueScale Encryption and Key Management built into the T120, encrypting backed up data is secure, efficient, easy to manage—and free.
To ensure the viability of your data, Media Lifecycle Management (MLM) tracks and reports on health and security related statistics for Spectra Certified Media. Detailed reporting mitigates media problems and restore issues, allowing you to proactively remaster data onto new media before you need it. For further integrity, MLM PreScan™ tape verification ensures that newly imported tapes are in good health and ready to use. After writing, MLM PostScan™ tape verification assures that your data is available on the tape by confirming there are no media errors.Logic helps you manage your tape media by giving you tools to proactively detect potential media errors well before they happen.
LTO-6: Addressing your storage needs
With a capacity of 2.5 TB native and 6.25 TB compressed, LTO-6 drives and media help you consolidate your storage, manage less media, and have room to grow in the future. Experience shorter backup windows and transfer rates up to 160MB/s (400 MB/s compressed), delivering an average rate of 576 GB/hr (1.44 TB/hr compressed). Ultrium LTO Technology’s long-term, committed roadmap offers several future releases of LTO. With future generations, you can expect higher performance standards, increasing storage capacities and backwards compatibility. Learn More About LTO-6
- Supports up to six full-height or ten half-height LTO drives (or a combination of full and half height drives)
- Fits into 14U rack space
- 24.5" H x 17.5" W x 36.5" D
- 62.2cm H x 44.5cm W x 92.7cm D
- Weight (approximate): 262 lb / 119 kg maximum
- Single Unit and 10 LTO-5 Half Height Drives: 455 Watts AC (max operating) 100-240v AC (50/60 Hz)/single phase
- Heat Dissipation: 1,551 BTU/hr (max operating, same configuration)
Capacity and Throughput
|Drive Type||Max Drives||Max Slots/Tapes||Max Capacity||Max Throughput|
*LTO-5 values calculated using 2:1 data compression.
+LTO-6 Values calculated using 2.5:1 Compression.
- SAS - 6 Gb/s
- Fibre Channel - 4 Gb/s and 8 Gb/s
- Mean Cycles Between Failures (MCBF): Over 1 million
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF): 250,000 power-on hours
- Mean Time to Repair (MTTR): 3 minutes for hot swap components, 30 minutes average for non-hot swap components
Spectra T120 libraries are warranted for one year from date of shipment from the factory. This warranty includes a SpectraGuard Next Business Day On Site service contract. SpectraGuard Next Business Day On Site service includes the following:
- Access to a SpectraGuard technical representative any business day (not including evenings, weekends, or holidays) from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (customer local time).
- Service visit from a field service representative, upon verification that the unit has malfunctioned. If Spectra Logic is notified by 4:00 p.m. (customer local time), a field service representative will be dispatched that day for arrival the following business day before noon.
The following additional service options are available to customers purchasing a Spectra T120 library.
SpectraGuard Same Business Day On Site
- Round-the-clock telephone to a technical support representative – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Four-hour response, on-site service 5 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
SpectraGuard Four Hour On Site
- 24-hour, seven-day-a-week, 365-day-a-year telephone access to a SpectraGuard technical representative (including evenings, weekends, and holidays).
- Upon verification that the unit has malfunctioned, a field service representative will be dispatched to the site within four hours of the dispatch request.
Self Maintenance Options
Believing that most users would prefer to have control over their library uptime, Spectra Logic products are designed so that all major components are customer replaceable. With Spectra Logic's Assisted Self Maintenance (ASM) program, spare components are placed at your facility, ready to be installed by you, when you need them. More about ASM
The following Assisted Self Maintenance options are available to customers purchasing a Spectra T120 library. These options can be purchased to supplement the on-site service options above.
Assisted Self Maintenance Basic
- Select group of field-replaceable parts stocked on-site (drive, QIP if applicable, power pack, air filter).
Assisted Self Maintenance Gold
- Full set of field-replaceable parts stocked on-site (drive, QIP if applicable, power pack, robotics, control module, air filter).
Warranty and Service Limitations
All standard warranties and service uplifts are subject to the limitations, disclaimers, and additional terms and conditions set forth in the Warranty and Hardware Support Agreement.
Have questions? Ready for next steps? Contact Us!