What is Active Archive?
Active Archive is a combined solution of open systems applications, disk, and tape hardware that allows users to access all of their data, and gives you an effortless solution that stores and manages all of your data.
Spectra tape gives you fast and reliable online access to ALL your data.
Why has this Solution developed?
Latest developments in open systems application developments and tape storage are rapidly changing how you can store and manage all of your data. With the ability to extend file systems seamlessly onto tape, active archiving is the latest solution approach that can leverage the strong suits of any storage medium. Now you have the ability to extend a file system over a myriad of different storage structures to appear as a single, logical storage volume, allowing data to reside at the most appropriate storage level.
Get the efficiency performance and reliability that you need for Active Archive Tape
Spectra T-Series libraries meets all of the necessary requirements for Active Archive Tape by providing a unique set of library features that help keep your data online and protected.
- Integrates easily, and fully certified, with Archive Management applications
- Highest Power Efficiency: Spectra's tape libraries use significantly less power than other tape products.
- Highest Density: Based upon Spectra’s architecture that stores tapes vertically in TeraPack containers, our libraries offer the highest storage density available and occupy less space than competing libraries.
- Built-in BlueScale management software intelligence for data reliability, data integrity validation and to minimize unscheduled down time
- Media Lifecycle Management (MLM): Lifetime reporting on the reliability, usage and tracking of data and cleaning media. PreScan checks the tape leader alignment, threading and ensures that the tape can be written to, and PostScan performs a background verification pass to ensure your data has been written to tape.
- Drive Lifecycle Management (DLM): Monitors and reports drive usage and performs verification tests to help prevent drive failures.
- Scale up to 960 drives in a single system for fast throughput; performance optimized configurations available to meet file access time requirements.
- Committed multi-year future roadmap available for libraries, software and drive technology additions that further your density and throughput benefits.
Multi-Task Your Library
Take full advantage of your whole Spectra library. When using Spectra’s Shared Library Services (SLS) function, you have the ability to partition your library for both archiving and backup operations.
To learn more about the entire Active Archive solution, please visit the Active Archive Alliance.