At Spectra, we work with customers to enable a hybrid cloud ecosystem that delivers the following:
- Allows data to be moved easily to the public cloud for archive or disaster recovery
- Ensures true genetic diversity of data storage via storage on different media types and geographic dispersion of data
- Creates a multi-tier private cloud to store a copy of frequently accessed data on online disk and archive infrequently or rarely accessed data indefinitely on Spectra ArcticBlue™ disk-based archive or Spectra Logic tape
- Shares content globally by utilizing the public cloud’s inherent infrastructure to make content available to disparate users and sites worldwide
- Provides data retrieval management policies to limit or prevent unexpected retrieval charges through BlackPearl’s Advanced Bucket Management System
- Provides readily accessible and secure local data storage at a fraction of the cost of long-term cloud storage while leveraging the cloud for both disaster recovery and distribution
Powerful New Hybrid Cloud Strategy Enables Fast, Easy and Secure Data Management
Customers now have the ability to create their own flexible storage ecosystem with the combination of Spectra’s BlackPearl® Converged Storage System and Cyberduck’s free, open source client software tool. The combination enables fast file transfers between primary storage, local tape and disk-based private clouds, and any public cloud provider.
The integration of Cyberduck as a certified BlackPearl client gives users the ability to seamlessly and simply move data between previously disparate storage platforms including local file systems, remote FTP systems, a host of public cloud storage, as well as Spectra’s deep storage options.
What are the Benefits of BlackPearl and Cyberduck?
- Create your own end-to-end hybrid storage storage solution for ultimate control
- Eliminate vendor lock-in and browse data from any storage domain with ease
- Develop a genetically diverse storage environment to prevent data loss
- Own your data and share it globally
- Archive infrequently accessed data to disk and/or tape for pennies per gigabyte, reducing storage and recall fees associated with a pure public cloud strategy
- Move data between disparate storage platforms including local file systems, remote FTP systems and a host of public cloud storage, including: Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Google Cloud Storage and Drive, Microsoft Azure, Rackspace Cloudfiles and iRODs.
Cyberduck version 5.0 is a standalone open source client for transferring files between servers, including both public and private cloud environments. It is available for both PC and MAC platforms and can be downloaded directly from the Spectra Logic Developer page and is free for Spectra customers.
Read more about the BlackPearl and Cyberduck end-to-end hybrid cloud storage solution.